Legal Counsel for Tortious Interference Cases
Has a business competitor or any other party caused trouble between your business and any legal entity in a contractual relationship with you? If so, you have come to the right place. Our Virginia business litigation firm has a long history of resolving complex disputes for our clients.
The law does not approve of a third party swooping in without justification and causing a rift between two parties who enjoy a contractual relationship. Our business litigators are experienced in handling conflicts of these types, with legal descriptions at:
- Claims of tortious interference with contract
- Tortious interference with economic expectancy
Experienced trial counsel at Charnoff Simpson PLLC can help evaluate whether the contract at issue was terminable at will and, if so, whether improper methods were employed.
Tortious Interference Claims and Defenses
Beyond violations of established professional standards, unethical conduct and unfair competition, improper methods may include:
- Violence, threats or intimidation
- Unfounded litigation
- Fraud, misrepresentation or deceit
- Defamation, duress or undue influence
- Misuse of inside or confidential information
- Breach of a fiduciary relationship.
If your business brings a claim of this nature against an interfering third party, you can expect your opponent to raise a strong defense. Common defenses include the following:
- Legitimate business competition
- Financial interest
- Responsibility for the welfare of another
- Directing business policy
- The giving of requested advice
Our business litigation attorneys represent both plaintiffs and defendants in tortious interference cases. Our knowledge of both sides of the coin strengthens our ability to advise businesses with conflicts of these types with the promise of success.
Get a Business Litigator on Your Side
If tortious interference has resulted in financial or other losses for your Virginia business, get an experienced attorney’s counsel now.